Department of Computer Science & MSDN Academic Alliance
The Department of Computer Science (CS) is now a member of the Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA), which entitles us to install the Microsoft software products included in the MSDN Academic Alliance Subscription on our lab machines for instructional and non-commercial research use. CS faculty and CS students having a valid CS LINUX account may install the software on their personal computers as well for teaching, study and research purpose at no cost. Students must register in at least one CS class to be eligible to use these software products. Each student is only allowed to obtain one copy and one key for each software.
Software in the MSDN Academic Alliance Subscription includes the latest releases of
- Visual Studio
- .NET Enterprise Servers
- Includes Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server, Commerce Server, BizTalk Server, Host Integration Server, Application Center Server, Systems Management Server
- All Microsoft operating systems, SDKs, DDKs
- Visio Professional
- MSDN Library
- Documentation, technical articles, code samples
- Development tools for Windows CE
- Microsoft Office Suite and Windows XP Home Edition are NOT included.
This download service is only available for current SIUC CS majored students (finished all CS2xx courses). Send an email to admin at cs.siu.edu if you have any questions.
Download software from our Microsoft Webstore »
(Login with your siuXXXXXXXXX dawg tag and